Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Targa Wrest Point

The Huon Valley was alive with the roar of rally cars last weekend, as the Targa Wrest Point returned to Tasmania's south this year. The car pictured below was in the procession heading south through Huonville on Saturday morning, after completing the Judbury stage. There were some lovely classic cars amongst the entrant list too. Later that day two cars ended up in the river on the Esperance Coast Road near Police Point, a beautiful stretch of road which I drove down last Thursday on Australia Day. I was quite keen to go and watch a bit of it, but the information for spectators on the website was pretty poor. The family I got our new rooster from on Sunday had the right idea. They were going to take their tinny out on the river to watch the Cygnet stage as it hugs the river on the Cygnet Coast Road.

Tasmania is perfect for rallying. So many windy roads through stunning locations, and the roads are generally in good condition. Before we chose to move to the Huon Valley, we came close to buying a place at Lalla north-east of Launceston, and the Targa Tasmania rally would have gone straight past our front door. I reckon that would have been fun, unless someone came unstuck and ended up in your front paddock I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I walked down my street and watched it for a while, it was a lovely sunny morning .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I walked down my street and watched it for a while, it was a lovely sunny morning .

    ReplyDelete